Pre-Operatory Instructions for IV/Oral Sedation
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your surgery appointment time to sign all necessary paperwork, make your payment and to schedule your 2 week Post-op appointment
We ask that you NOT EAT OR DRINK FOR AT LEAST SIX HOURS
prior to the appointment:
- If your surgery is in the morning, just fast after midnight
- • If your surgery is in the afternoon, wake up early (at least 6 hours prior to the surgery) and have a light breakfast. You may have a small amount (a couple of sips) of water only prior to your surgery if you have prescribed medications that you must take.
It is OK to take all of your regularly scheduled medications prescribed by your physician before the surgery. However, please make sure to consult your physician and our doctors if you take any of the following medications:
- Aspirin 325 mg
- Warfarin (Coumadin), Clopidogrel (Plavix), Xarelto, Eliquis, Pradaxa, or any other blood thinners
- Steroids pills
Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes with short sleeves
. We will have blankets if you get cold. Do NOT wear flip-flops or high heels. Tennis shoes are recommended. Remove earrings, watches, jewelry, and contact lenses before your appointment.
You will need a responsible adult to bring you to and from your appointment. This individual will be responsible for driving you home and your well-being once you leave. Please plan to have a responsible individual stay with you for at least 5 hours after your procedure
. You should NOT
attempt to drive for 24 hours following surgery.
Inform us of any changes in your medical status and/or new medication prior to your appointment. If you may be or trying to become pregnant, please let us know. After you leave the office it is important that you DO NOT:
- go to work
- drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
- stay at home by yourself
- make important decisions
- navigate stairs, streets, or parking lots.
The medications will alter your ability to make rational decisions, affect judgment and motor skills for up to 24 hours! These instructions must be followed and are imperative to your well-being and safety. Failure to follow these instructions will result in postponement or rescheduling of your surgery, and an IV setup fee ($250), which will not be covered by any insurance, will be added to your account. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.