When was the last time you went to the dentist? For many people, dental anxiety
keeps them from receiving the necessary care to maintain healthy smiles. To address anxiety, we offer sedation dentistry
. With sedation dentistry, you can remain calm and relaxed during one or more dental procedures.
Allen TX Sedation Quiz
1. True or False: Sedation helps anxious patients relax.
2. True or False: Your Allen TX sedation periodontist
offers multiple forms of sedation
3. True or False: You will need to arrange a ride home if you’re receiving sedation.
4. True or False: Everyone is a candidate for sedation.
1. True. Sedation helps patients with minor to severe dental anxiety. In addition, patients with developmental disorders, gag reflexes, and medical complications can also benefit from the use of sedation.
2. True. Allen TX sedation periodontist
, Dr. Marco Cueva, provides both IV sedation and oral conscious sedation for our patients. Which type you will receive will depend on a number of factors, including your medical history and the type of procedure you’re undergoing. Oral sedation is taken in pill form, while IV sedation is a deeper form of relaxation administered with an IV.
3. True. Both IV sedation and oral conscious sedation will leave you feeling groggy after the procedure. Since you won’t be able to drive for at least 24 hours, please arrange for a friend or family member to bring you home. We will send any aftercare information with your escort.
4. False. Your Allen TX sedation periodontist
will take a look at your medical history and current health to see if you qualify for sedation. If you have any questions or concerns regarding sedation dentistry, please contact Dr. Cueva today. We strive to ensure the safety and comfort of our patients.
About Dr. Marco Cueva
Marco Cueva, DDS, MS
is a board-certified periodontist with extensive training and experience providing a full range of advanced dental care services, including treatment for sleep apnea and snoring. New patients can schedule an appointment or consultation with Periodontic Excellence
at our Allen, TX dental office
by calling 972-390-9944.
Currently rated by 0 people