How do you feel about your dentures? If they slip and slide, you are probably not too fond of them. In fact, many denture wearers would like few things more than to toss their ill-fitting dentures in the trashcan. Unfortunately, doing so is not an option because life without teeth is a serious struggle. However, implant-supported dentures are changing the way that dentures fit and feel. To learn more about them, take this quiz from your Allen dentist, Dr. Marco Cueva.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: Implant-supported dentures can improve your speech.
- True or False: You can get dentures supported by dental implants in a day from your Allen dentist.
- True or False: Implant-supported dentures are more uncomfortable than traditional dentures.
Check Your Answers
- True. Many denture wearers struggle with their speech when their dentures do not fit properly. Because the teeth are prone to sliding around the mouth, the facial muscles must work to keep them in position during speech. Unfortunately, this muscular effort comes at the expense of clear speaking, resulting in slurred words and mumbling. However, implant-supported dentures use dental implants to keep dentures anchored in place. The dentures do not move, allowing for clearer speech.
- True. With the All-on-4 procedure offered by your Allen dentist, you can get dentures secured by dental implants in a day. Just imagine walking out of the dental office with brand new teeth.
- False. Implant-supported dentures are actually more comfortable than traditional dentures because they rely on the jawbone for support just like natural teeth. The dental implants act like roots for the prosthetic teeth, giving the dentures a natural feel.
Schedule a Visit with Your Allen Dentist
Are your dentures driving you mad? Get a new set of dentures supported by dental implants in a day from your Allen dentist, Dr. Cueva. Contact our 75013 dental office to schedule an appointment or a consultation by calling 972-390-9944. We welcome patients from Allen, Plano, Richardson, McKinney, Frisco, Fairview, Murphy, Wylie, Lewisville, Carrolton, and surrounding communities.