Do you feel nervous about undergoing a serious dental procedure? Do you suffer from severe dental anxiety? In order to keep our patients comfortable and relaxed, Periodontic Excellence offers the latest in sedation dentistry. In today’s blog, your Allen periodontist, Dr. Marco Cueva, uses a fun quiz to discuss our approach to sedation dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Sedation helps patients with anxiety.
2. True or False: For minor procedures, Dr. Cueva may recommend nitrous oxide.
3. True or False: Your Allen TX periodontist offers IV sedation for oral surgery.
4. True or False: For IV or oral sedation, you will need someone to bring you home.
1. True. If you are scared of the dentist, our sedation techniques will help you remain relaxed throughout the procedure. Sedation also helps patients with medical complications or developmental disorders that may make undergoing dental care difficult.
2. True. Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide allows you to remain calm. The effects wear off almost immediately following the procedure, allowing you to return to work or school.
3. True. For patients undergoing a surgical procedure, IV sedation provides the highest level of sedation. Your vitals will be monitored during the procedure and local anesthetic may be administered to reduce discomfort.
4. True. Both techniques leave patients feeling groggy. As a result, you should arrange for a friend or family member to bring your home. We will provide further post-procedure instructions.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Allen TX Periodontist Today
Do you have any further questions about our sedation dentistry techniques? If so, talk to your Allen TX periodontist today. Dr. Cueva will be happy to address any questions or concerns you may have about our methods of sedation. To learn more about the dangers of smoking to your oral health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Cueva by calling our 75013 dentist office at (972) 390-9944 today. We proudly welcome patients from Allen, Plano, Richardson, McKinney, Frisco, Fairview, Murphy, Wylie, Lewisville, Carrolton, and surrounding communities.