Some people shy away from dental implants because of the cost. However, do not let the cost of dental implants stop you from considering their many benefits. Dental implants are a worthwhile investment in not only your appearance and comfort, but also in your oral health. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jawbone. After the jawbone has fused to the root, a crown is placed on the implant’s abutment, which protrudes above the gum line. Marco Cueva, DDS, MS has undergone significant training in dental implantology, and he has been placing and restoring dental implants since 1991. He also participates in continuing education to stay abreast of the latest research about implants. His expertise and experience make his practice an excellent choice for your implant placement.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Because the jawbone fuses to the implant root in a process called osseointegration, the implant root has the strength of a natural root. It gives stability to its crown, bridge, or dentures.
- Because of this strength, eating is as straightforward and comfortable as it is with natural teeth; implant-supported teeth do not shift or slide as dentures do.
- With dentures, the teeth may slip and cause you to lose your ability to speak clearly. Dental implants will never cause you to mumble or become unintelligible.
- When you receive a tooth-supported bridge, the adjacent teeth are altered to support the bridge. However, a dental implant does not require altering nearby teeth.
- Individual implants are easier to brush and floss than bridges, which consist of connected teeth, because the spaces between the teeth are easier to reach.
- Dental implants are dependable and long lasting. If you care for your teeth and visit your dentist for routine check ups, they can last for life.
- If you receive implant dentures, Dr. Cueva can insert them in one visit with the All-On-4 implant dentures. This procedure replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge that is supported by only four dental implants. Temporary teeth are placed on the same day of your procedure. Dr. Cueva will later place the final dental bridge
Financing Dental Implants at Periodontic Excellence
The price of dental implant treatment varies depending on the type of issues and the extent of treatment needed. When you come into our office, Dr. Cueva will perform a thorough examination and create a customized treatment plan for you. He may need to perform initial treatment or additional diagnostics before drafting your treatment plan. Dr. Cueva and his staff believe in treating conservatively to avoid unnecessary procedures and expenses. We take much care to meet your goals for treatment with affordable fees.
About Your Doctor
Marco Cueva, DDS, MS and his team serve Allen and surrounding communities. He is a certified periodontist who specializes in dental implants. He offers a wide variety of dental implant options such as All-On-4 one visit implant dentures. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call us at (972) 390-9944.