When it comes to your dental care, what you put in your mouth plays a big role in maintaining a healthy oral wellbeing. To help you get a good report on your next dentist visit we’ve provided a list of foods that help to promote healthier teeth.
- Greens: if you were always told to eat your green vegetables growing up, we hope you listened. Greens are packed full of vitamins and minerals that are great for your teeth. Veggies that are high in calcium can aid in strengthening the enamel of your teeth. If your not a big salad eater try drinking a green smoothie.
- Carrots: Carrots help clean off your teeth’s surface while simultaneously stimulating your gums. Since they are a great source of fiber and vitamin A, essentially they were made for your teeth and body.
- Almonds: While maintaining a low sugar content, almonds are high in calcium and protein. These traits work in tandem, with the calcium helping to strengthen your teeth and the crunch helps to keep plaque build-up.
- Cheese: Cheese helps raise the pH level within your mouth, this reduces acid within the body and prevents the development of future tooth decay. Like the other foods, the protein and calcium within cheese will strengthen enamel. With that being said if you are a cheese lover, you can indulge.
- Yogurt: like cheese, Yogurt, is high in both protein and calcium. Yogurt also contains probiotics, which help to eliminate bacteria that can cause tooth decay. The caveat to this is purchasing a yogurt brand that is high in sugar will have negative effects.
There are a lot more different types of foods that can help promote a healthier mouth. To learn more about the other types of foods, contact our offices that are located in Allen and Frisco, TX and schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Cueva .